Sunday 13 November 2016

MOVIE REVIEW : Fallen

This is a movie that I watched a day ago when I went out for an outing at Ipoh. Because most of my friends were going to watch Doctor Strange - which I already watched last weekend - so I decided to just watch Fallen. The reason why I chose to watch Fallen was because its poster. Hahaha. The heroes look undeniably charming, and the girl too, looks absolutely pretty XD It's cliche for us to judge a movie based on its poster, right? And it's true tho, the poster is quite similar to Twillight's poster. LOL. Even though I know this movie is adapted from a novel by Lauren Kate, I still didn't know the plot of the story before I watched it. But, I was definitely sure it is a fantasy movie.


The first 30 minutes of watching the movie, I was still confused with the story line. However, as the story went on, I slowly got the plot. I knew what's actually happening in there haha (so noob me). The story is about a girl named Luce who is sent to Sword and Cross Academy after being judged as a psychopath by the outsiders. Luce has a problem where she has always been disturbed by the shadows that have eventually killed the people she loved. When she goes to S&C Academy, the first guy that she meets is Cam - an eerie yet handsome guy - who is said to be the most troublesome student at that place. She has been advised to keep her distance from him from the first day she steps in. After a few days of staying there, she meets a girl named Molly who seems to be really furious with her presence in the academy. Finally, she meets Daniel. She has the guts that saying she already knows him, for a long long time. But, when she asks Daniel about it, he keeps avoiding her and saying that she is wrong.

 Long story short, the story turns out to be quite surprising when I knew that Daniel is actually one of 'the fallen' - the angels that have been exiled from the heaven because they failed to chose between God and Love - and Luce is her lifetime lover since hundred years ago. Unfortunately, after a kiss between, the girl dies, because of the curse from God to the angel. Then, she would be reincarnate again, and they fall in love again, and the same thing happens - she dies after the first kiss. Daniel tries to avoid her because he doesn't want her to die anymore. Cam tries to get but Daniel ultimately told Cam  that he couldn't do it as he is also an angel and he is worse than him as he cooperates with Lucifer. Knowing the fact that Luce hasn't yet baptized sent chills to his bones. She would not be to reincarnate again after this. 

Okay, enough with the spoilers :p

DID THE ENDING MATCH MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF THE MOVIE?

Hmmm... I'm not sure if I am satisfied with the ending. It leaves me hanging. Even though it was a happy ending, where Daniel successfully saved Luce from being dead after their first kiss, but it just ends there. Luce was brought by Daniel to a safer place (by flying of course because he's an angel :p) and that's it.  I am expecting more and more. Perhaps, there would be a sequel but I can't confirm it yet, but I really hope so. If you asks me whether I like the story or not, I would say YES, I like the story, perhaps because I'm a fantasy-based story lover. I like the angels' wings to be exact. They were damn cool you know. Even though I know such angels are never exist, but it still triggers my sense of 'wanting' to have that kind of boyfriend - who has wings, can fly HAHAHA such a nonsense wish I have lol. Btw, I would rate this movie 3.9 out of 5. Perhaps if the ending is more acceptable for me, I could give a 4 for this movie hahaha. For those who love to read fantasy, go and watch this :)

Au revoir. 

xoxo, 
iffah

No comments:

Post a Comment