Tuesday 8 November 2016

MOVIE REVIEW : The Fall

Hello peeps!!!

Today I'm gonna post an entry about a movie that I had watched for about few weeks ago. Its title - THE FALL. By just hearing the title, I guessed the movie would possibly has its setting around battlefield or war, however my guess sank away after I watched it. Frankly speaking, it was a great movie to watch!


The story features a Romanian girl named Alexandria who is hospitalized for her broken arms and has met Roy, a stuntman who is also hospitalized at the same hospital as he gets injured while filming one of his film and has the possibility to be paralyzed. Roy tells Alexandria a story behind her name and he promised to tell an epic tale when she comes back the day after.

After that day, Alexandria always goes to Roy and he tells her a story of five different person - a black bandit, Charles Darwin, an Indian warrior, an Italian explosives expert, an ex-slave - who have the same intention of seeking their revenge on Governor Odious. A mystic later joins them and helps them throughout their journey to the Odious' place.

Those five heroes in the epic tale

There is another reason behind the story-telling between Roy and Alexandria. Roy wants to use her in getting the Morphine in order to attempt suicide because he has been dumped by his love. The story evolves as the black bandit turns out to be Roy and Alexandria suddenly features in the tale too. In the end, Roy kills one by one of the characters and made Alexandria so upset of the story. She wants the story to have a happy ending but Roy insists as he says "it's my story". To be short, Roy finally decides to let the black bandit and the girl survives in the end. The story ends when both Roy and Alexandria have returned to his work and her home.

THE REASON I LIKE THE MOVIE....

Its cinematography is absolutely astonishing. I love it when the movie sets its setting in many beautiful places around the world. What amazed me the most was when my lecturer said that the casts of the movie really went to those places to get the real image of the scene instead of editing them on the computers. WOW. I also like the characters in the Roy's tale as each of them have their own uniqueness and their own stories behind the reason they wanna seek revenge on Governor Odious. The movie also features different cultures and I like it. Not  to forget, Alexandria is also one of my favorite character because she is so cute. Her stammer makes her character more cuter as I could see how hard she tries to communicate with Roy at first. She also shows great affection towards Roy as she wills to do anything to help Roy including to risk herself to get the Morphine in the pharmacy. Even though Roy treats her a bit cruel in the end by killing all the characters one by one but he still makes up his mind at last - it is the best thing to do for Alexandria.

One of the great cinematography featured in the movie

I could say that would definitely love it or hate it in the end. So, go & watch it!
I rate this movie 3.9 out 5 :)))

Hasta La Vista...

xoxo,
iffah


No comments:

Post a Comment