Saturday 12 November 2016

MOVIE REVIEW : Marvel's Doctor Strange

Hello! For today, I'm gonna post an entry on movie review. To be honest, I had watched this movie since last weekend but I didn't have the time to do a review on it yet. So now, here I am, working on it. Hope you guys enjoy reading it :p


Doctor Strange is an American superhero film adapted from the Marvel's Comics. It is a story about a surgeon named Stephen Strange, who is badly injured after an accident that has eventually affected his career as a surgeon. His hands could not work as they were before and he could not be able to operate on his patients anymore. Dr. Strange feels so disappointed and he eventually determined to heal his hands by deciding to go to Nepal and learns magic from the Ancient One at a place named Kamar Taj.

At first, he finds it quite hard for him to learn all of those magic things but she - the Ancient One, and yeah she's a woman haha - has detected something powerful about Dr. Strange and decides to keep on teaching him. In the end, he is able to become one of the most 'skillful' student that she has. He is a very hard-working student (lol) as he always learns something new from books that he borrowed from the library. He learns how to bend time with the help of the Eye of Agamotto. He uses all his skills to defeat Kaecilius, who is cooperating with Dormammu of the Dark Dimension as he believes that they should live forever in a place where time does not exist.

Okay. That's all for the synopsis of the story. I don't want to be a goddamn spoiler to all who haven't yet watch the movie XD

WHY I LIKE THIS MOVIE???

First things first, I really love the effects of the movie. It looks really real and I found it totally mind-boggling and WOW... I definitely can't forget the scene where all the city suddenly become separated into different layers and everything seems really confusing but it's cool. I also like the way the producer put the humorous sense in the movie. It is really unexpected when suddenly Mordo said that the word on a piece paper that he gave to Strange was actually a WiFi password. HAHA I laughed so hard on that scene. Same goes to the scene where he suddenly mentioned about Beyonce to Wong but Wong seemed to be confused about who Beyonce could be, but eventually he was also the one who listened to Beyonce's song during his reading in the library.  The cloak that he wore during his fight with Kaecilius was a lit. It could do anything including to soothing Strange's feeling - the secene where the cloak suddenly wiped Strange's tears really made me burst to laugh so hard haha XD

There's still much more that I like about this movie despite its too-fast-progressing plot, but these are the only one that I remembered. I can't wait to see the sequel of Doctor Strange as I was quite surprised that Mordo suddenly changed and became a bad guy during the post-credit scene.  So for now, that's it. Overall, I could rate this movie 4.3 out of 5 :)

Have fun reading and if you haven't watch yet, have fun watching!!!

xoxo,
iffah

No comments:

Post a Comment