Monday 14 November 2016

VOCABULARY UPDATE!

So, here's another vocabulary entry. Have fun learning new words!

1. Binge (noun) : a short period of excessive consumption
"I lock my pantry to help me overcome binge eating."

2. Fortitude (noun) : strength of mind that enables a person to face challenges with courage
"The small boy’s fortitude allowed him to stand up to the school bully."

3. Inure (verb) : to become immune to unpleasant events or situations
"After a while, the guards were able to inure themselves to the voices of the prisoners begging for freedom."

4. Malinger (verb) : to pretend to be sick or injured in order to avoid doing work
"The lazy student tried to malinger when it was time to work on his essay."

5. Rancor (noun) : a feeling of hate or anger
"Although my boyfriend betrayed me, I have no rancor towards him"


Only 5 words for today hehe :))))  See ya tomorrow :p

xoxo, 
iffah

No comments:

Post a Comment